Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A COUNTRY GONE WILD

When President Obama first got elected I felt like I was on a sinking ship without a captain. Since then so many bills have been passed and signed and so many promises have been broken that it could make me dizzy. Some days it seems I can't keep up with the speed of which the changes are taking place. That's why I decided to break down the sequence of events to get a better handle on it. When did this breakdown start and what can we do to stop it?
As mentioned I wasn't born here and didn't have to study American history or the Constitution in depth. I read a lot, research the internet and gather valuable information from fellow twitterers and other blog sites. So far I understand that the first big breakdown of our government started with FDR and the New Deal.http://tinyurl.com/5vuf6
As the saying goes, the first time one breaks a rule is hard, it gets easier each time. With each democratic (and some republican) governments we had through the decades we lost a little more freedom and gained more government control.
After reading portions of Mark Levin's book Liberty and Tyranny, I am beginning to understand that we have now entered into the soft tyranny stage and it is high time the American people wake up. This goes across party lines because at the end of the day the loss of freedom will affect all of us. We have become a country out of control and gone wild.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! What you've written here sure hits home with me.

    How long have you lived in the USA?

    I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete