Friday, October 9, 2009

A NOBEL PEACE PRIZE FOR WHAT HASN'T BEEN DONE YET

When I woke up this morning, this was the first news my husband gave me and my mouth literally just dropped wide open, no words could spill out. I had to have some coffee and think about it, I had to get it confirmed on the news. So, he did get it. What does it mean to me?  Nothing at all.  The Nobel Peace Prize Organization is private and they can do what they want.  It only shows that their values have changed over the years and the true value of such a prize is now distorted. The Heritage Foundation has written such a classy article on this that I can hardly add anything.  http://tinyurl.com/3rt777

This is also so ironic after the recent SNL parody of the President's having accomplished nothing yet. But mostly I think there are accomplished people out there in science, humanities etc., such as Albert Schweitzer, Mother Theresa,  that would truly deserve this honor and it is a shame someone like that should be overlooked because of a handful of leftist Europeans that have only the idea of globalization on their mind.  The Canada Free Press has this take on the news http://tinyurl.com/yg8qf95

Now that he's gotten the award, my only wish is that he will start to lead and to govern fairly.

No comments:

Post a Comment